CLICK HERE for the Feb. 7, 2019, story in the Daily Press (Escanaba).
Mission – A committee from Community Service which organizes an annual Upper Peninsula Basketball Tournament. Winning Teams are eligible to participate in the State Special Olympics games.
- Partner with the Delta-Schoolcraft Special Olympic Coordinator who takes care of communication with teams, athletes, makes up game brackets etc.
- Kiwanis Organization of tournament Days
- Food – Friday supper, Saturday lunch
- Opening Ceremonies – M.C, Parade of athletes, Invocator, Dignitaries, etc.
- Score and time keepers recruited from Kiwanis, Key & Builders clubs
- Entertainment eg. Band, Videos etc.
- Concession Stand – K adult with various youth groups
- Recruit K family and club members
- Recruit Referee and Medical Coordinators from the community
- Arrange for publicity